- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Frying time: 17 minutes.
- Cooking time: 3-4 minutes.
- Total time: 26 minutes.
This is all time favorite to my family, it makes awesome combination with poories.
Pumpkin is excellent source of beta carotene and vitamin ‘A’ ; it is Very low in saturated fat and low in cholesterol.
It is full of nutrients, So, why are you waiting for? Cook this recipe today and enjoy!
Happy Durga pooja!
- Pumpkin: 500 gm.
- Potato: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Mustard oil/cooking oil: 3 tablespoon
- Kalonji (Nigella seeds): half teaspoon
- Dry red chilli: 2-3 no.
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- Chop the pumpkin and potato into 1-2” pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan on high flame, when it is starts to smoke; add whole chilli and Kalonji, sputter for few seconds, add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Put chopped potatoes in the oil, saute on high flame for couple of minutes; add chopped pumpkin, stir and cook for couple of minutes, lower the flame , continue to cook for 6-7 minutes or until half done with lid on.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, stir fry for couple of minutes; add one cup of water, and cook till it is done(about 3-4 minutes).
- Put off the flame. Transfer into serving bowl.
- Pumpkin ki sabji is ready to serve as a side dish or serve with poori, paratha or rice.