- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 7-8 minutes.
- Frying time: 7 minutes.
- Cooking time: 6 minutes.
- Total time: 21 minutes.
Do you know botanically Zucchini is classified as fruits but it is used as vegetables? There are so many varieties, considered highly nutritious and a good remedy to treat cold and ache.
Zucchini are available throughout summer in Tokyo. I have already prepared delicious desserts, vegetables curry, and dry vegetables, stuffed Zucchini, fritters etc…and enjoyed the summer. This time I would like to post wonderful “Malai Zucchini”
- Zucchini: 250 gm
- Milk: 150 ml.
- Almond: 12-15 no.
- Green cardamom: 3-4 no.
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger: 1”piece
- Ghee (clarified butter): 2 tablespoon
- Malai (fresh cream): 1 tablespoon
- Dry roast black pepper on low flame, crush them roughly, keep aside.
- Chop zucchini into ½”cube, keep aside.
- Crush ginger into motor-pestle, keep aside.
- Grind almond powder, keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan, heat ghee, add crushed green cardamom and sputter it for few seconds; add crushed ginger, stir fry for a minute on low flame, add chopped zucchini, stir fry for couple of minutes on medium flame.
- Add milk and continue to cook on medium low flame for about 3-4 minutes with lid on or until zucchini is 80% done(Stir often so that it should not burn or stick to bottom); add almond powder and salt, continue to cook for couple of minutes
- Add roasted and crushed black pepper; put off the flame. Very tasty “Malai Zucchini” is ready to be served with chapatti or paratha.
- Transfer into serving bowl and decorate with malai, serve hot or warm.